Monday, December 19, 2011

Dear Lindsey,

 

I feel that this blog is the most powerful mean of communication that I have at my expense. In that sense, I would like to write an open letter to my big sister for all to see if they so desire.

280449_10150248050480566_572970565_7995131_6410305_o

Dear Lindsey,

It may be saddening that this is one of the best ways I have to congratulate you in light of the recent events. But in reality, we both know that this is exactly how it should be. One of the most difficult things about being here in Peru is not being tDSCF3010here for your family when they are going through difficult times. Even more difficult than that is not being there when those times are joyous. More than anything in the world, as cheesy as it sounds, I would like to be in the United States to share this moment with you.

I’m proud of you big sis. You’ve done it the right way. I can tell that you’ve been sensing the Spirit in your daily life, seeking Him fervently. How many people have we seen look for their spouse the wrong way? and still you didn’t take example from them. You’ve trusted the Lord your God to bring to you the right man, and look at the joy with which He is rewarding you.

I tell people that my sister is my mejor amiga. And filling that place with someone else is going to be weird for me. They’ve got big shoes to fill and it kinda sucks that you’re not going to be the one in those shoes. Selfishly I don’t want to look at the big picture, but I’d rather continue on forever with our single lives, not losing a best friend. Who’s going to call you a man? Who’s going to sing in the car louder than you? Who’s going scare you walking out of the bathroom? Who’s going to make fun of your iDevices? WHO?!

The journey just now really begins, and let it begin with these words on your heart:

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6-7

In this journey, just as the day you gave your life to Christ Jesus as the Ruler of your life, is just the way you live everyday. I’m no expert in marriage, because I have little to no experience. But I think you’ll do just fine living as a model as Paul describes in this letter.

Enjoy these next couple of months being engaged. Plan well, and don’t forget me please. Your little brother is always thinking about you and always praying for you. It won’t be long until I’m cutting a rug at the reception. (There will be dancing. Loads of dancing.)

I love you and miss you. Blessings.

Your Little Brother Always,

Garren

P.S. Looooads of dancing.

IMG_3074341251_10150340509353208_504268207_8163270_826608267_o

1 comment:

  1. You are the BESTEST little brother God could have given Lin-z. We do miss you but know that you still share the joy we are feeling. The plans have always been made with you in mind. I'm sure you will hear about everything as we go along...keep your eyes open to buy new dancing shoes! ;-)
    We love you...thanks for the "happy cry!"

    ReplyDelete