Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nos Mudaremos a Zamacola

SANY0025 StitchTo the convenience of most who read this, I will not be writing in Spanish.  In advance, I had a long stay at the Plaza de Armas (the main plaza) so I took a bunch of random pictures of stuff, and they’re on this blog.  But am in need of throwing out and update, so here’s what's going on in the forthcoming days.

The truth is that I am a week short of completing language school!  Give a little shout for that one.  I graduate on Friday the 13th!  There should be a nice little ceremony and what not but I'm not exactly sure as to what's going to happen.  Because I graduate, SANY0002that means I move out of my host family's house and move into Zamacola.  Zamacola is the academy/church/dorm where I'll be living and taking classes.  I will post pics of Zamacola and my living quarters and all that juicy stuff and a new blog after all this goes down but it’s nice to know stuff in advance.  This Saturday, too, I get my Peruvian partner that will be with me for the next 2 years.  That’s pretty important, so please keep it in your prayers, thanks!  We’ve got 2 days of meetings with a psychologist from Lima preparing us to be able to work as a team.  Yeah, don’t really know what that’s all about.

Other than that, there is not much going on but things are about to change quickly this next week.  SANY0014Right now I have hot showers and very good food (all as compared to the rest of Peru.) BUT, in Zamacola we’ve got cold showers and frightening food.  Not much to complain about especially when you think that we’ll all be together, awwwww.  My Spanish is going to improve dramatically after speaking for hours and hours daily to my partner.  Well that is all for now except for the update on the mustache: It’s looking hot.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your graduation! I read your blog and looked for the pictures that you mentioned, but I couldn't find them. I did noticed that your address changed. I'll be sure to tell the family. Let us know if you need anything for your new housing. I love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete